Library nearby Nashville
Nashville Public Library
Main Carnegie Library opened in 1904. In 1965, the New Main Public Library opened on Eighth and Union. This library was designated as Ben West Library in 1977. On June 9, 2001 the new 300,000 sq. ft. Main Library building designed by Robert A.M. Stern Architects opened to the public.
Green Hills Branch Library
The first Green Hills Branch Library opened to the public in April, 1969. The current branch, opened in 2000, is approximately 4 times larger -- 25,000 square feet -- and houses approximately 110,000 volumes. The branch features a walking trail and a patio off the children’s area.
Richland Park Branch Library
This building, originally the park recreation center, was remodeled to serve as a library in 1961. Richland Park Branch was opened October 23, 1962, by Mayor Ben West. It housed the WPLN radio station from December, 1962, until 1966, when the station moved to the Ben West (Main) Library.